Saturday

Semi-Cannibalistic Living (Day Eight)


Had a breakfast of add-water pancakes and monkey. Yes, you heard me right, we have pancake mix. And yes, also we have started to consume our closest genetic neighbor. Someone in the community had been out hunting and brought the arm of the monkey for the two weird gringos living amongst them to eat. Hopefully, this is the most near to cannabalism that I will get on this trip but you never know....Man, this thing would taste alot better with some Gates BBQ sauce.
Joe, Otobo, Conan, and I took canoe to go gather roof material--aka palm leaves of various sizes. Still pretty immobile so I waited alone in the boat and did a bit of fishing. I was unsuccessful although one of the small Huao boys caught a few to supplement lunch.
Monkey is the new goat,
BQ
***********************************************************************************
Hey, this is present day Brian speaking at your for a moment. As hopefully only a few of you know, I am returning back to the states for about a month in September. I am on the look-out for some side work while home to keep the Planetary Vagabond rollin´. Willing to move around a little if there is nearby work (aka things that involve lots of money with little effort--in St. Louis or Chicago). If not, I will be in KC down on the Plaza begging for a down payment on a cheeseburger.
In all seriousness, shoot me an email bquarnstrom@gmail.com if you have something to keep me occupied. I have a graduate degree in Sociology, which means I can talk to you about aspects of social interaction while I cut your grass or paint your rooms.

1 comment:

Andy said...

Q,
Jen will be the first to tell you that our basement bathroom floor needs to be redone as my feable attempt to lay fake vinyl tile with particle board is already starting to cause problems. Pay would include chinese buffet and Jimmy Johns sandwiches on a daily basis, plus a nice hardwood floor to sleep on every night with a pooch named Carlos. I am open for negotiations.