Saturday

Day Seven

Foot looks the same as yesterday, which leaves me pretty disappointed. Went through the same idle routine today--eat, read, eat, watch work being done, read, eat, go to be early. Actually slightly broke the routine by whittling the three missing wooden letters for our travel Scrabble game. Left a small piece of rough wood on each to ensure that I could identify them when blindly fishing for them in the letter bag--thus ensuring that I win all the rest of Joe and I´s games. As my wise Grammy once said--ïf you´re not cheating, your not trying.¨
Had lunch of PB&Js, using up most of the bread we have. After lunch, Otobo left to go visit his newborn, who just arrived with his wife from downstream. Spent 30 minute talking with Joe about the amazing legend that is Don Parton of KC.
Later afternoon, did what little I could manage on my foot and moved some logs up to Otobo and Conan, who were up on the cross beams of the comedor. They continued to walk around above perilously one step away from a 25 ft plunge. Our jobsite is a OSHA nightmare, but hey, this is the jungle, this building need to last a couple years. Thats what I love about this construction. No need for levels as what are you going to make the house level to--the crooked trees or slanting ground? Any sort of ¨precision¨ cutting is done with a machete as with the digging too. Although, a simple pulley would do wonders as lifting the heavy logs are starting to get old.
Later Conan does some housekeeping and sweeps our dirt floor in our ¨house.¨ The inherent ridiculousness of sweeping a dirt floor makes me laugh but in reality serves the purpose of keeping out ants and other creatures. And hey, dragging more ¨floor¨ in from outside is a non-issue.

1 comment:

btine said...

I am so happy that Don finally made the blog.
Here's a piece of Super Bubble for that.