Wednesday

Things that yell "what!" in the night

Well, as I alluded to earlier and as Petro has made known in his blog, there has been some incidents in several of the past nights. Petro calls them "night terrors" but I think a more appropriate name would be "waking up and wondering where in the hell you are at." Basically what has happened is that 3 of the nights we have been in B.A. I have woken up at some point in the night stood up and said something along the lines of ¨what!," sometimes with the assistance of an explective. I don´t recall this part but I do remember what has followed, which is usually Petro yelling from across the room something calming such as "shut the f%& up." Peter is convinced that I must have some paranoia issues or that I am running from someone. I chalk these episodes up more to the unfamiliarity with my sleeping accomadations and the fact that sleeping in 98 degree heat is not quite comforting. Another possible cause, is the fact that since I have been in B.A. i have grown eyes in the back of my head. Having been the victim of scammer and pickpockets before, I have been re-training myself to use window reflections to check who is following me on the street, use the stop and step aside technique to lose tails, and the general rule to trust no one--including the old lady who does my laundry. Over-cautious?-probably, but I am training myself to be ready for my eventual return to the mean streets of KC.

Watch your back,
Q

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

maybe Malarium is the new BA cig and you didn't even know it