Tuesday

Oh Sh*t!, It's Happening........

Back again, blogging for the last time in the good ole US of A. Spent the last two nights hanging with Dave and Tiffany Carey at their sweet pad in Redondo Beach, CA. It was my first night spent in a bed since the trip’s commencement and it was great. As I have been to the LA area couple times previously, any sightseeing was put on the backburner in order to finish last minute tasks before my early morning departure on the 9th. Cousin Beth Carey took me to lunch yesterday in the Manhattan Beach area and later we all met up for dinner (Dave, Tiff, Beth, Damon, & I) at the Carey’s place and participated in a serious marathon of reality TV show watching. This experience revealed a void in my life that I have been so desperately missing. I realized that my calling is not to spend a year traveling the world for social and mental enlightenment, but rather is to dedicate my days to viewing all available reality TV programs, mostly for the pleasure of watching the misery of those involved. And so, the trip has been put on hold for now and I will be camping out at the Carey’s pad until the new Biggest Loser season is over…
Well, I am couple hours away from shipping my laptop away and several from my rendezvous with Pete at the airport for our flight to Buenos Aires. I am ready but I doubt South America is ready for the sh*tstorm of fun that is sure to ensue (author’s note: as a champion of clean language, I will continue to place *&% in place of full curse words in order to avoid full-out swearing, which people familiar with me know I totally loathe).
On a side note, today is a pretty momentous day for me as I just ate the last piece of Wrigley’s Winterfresh gum out of a 15-piece pack. This marks the first time in my very limited recollection that I have ever successfully finished a pack a gum before losing, washing, or throwing it away before its full consumption. Coincidence that I completed this tremendous act on the eve of my adventure?—I’m not really sure but I am very proud of myself for both.

See you on the flipside,
Q

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad that I found your blog, hopefully you caught the new episode of Intervention last night, a nice pill addict was featured. Best of luck.

Anonymous said...

Where is a picture of your bed/couch?

Anonymous said...

Brian, I can help you with that whole reality show thing. I know we are casting right now for some shows that you are perfect for...

Anonymous said...

you guys should go to Ecuador and see that volcano that is about to blow.