Saturday

Crapped Out in Quito

Well, I arrived in Quito last night and awoke today to find out I had unwittengly smuggled a souvenir out of Colombia: a bad case of the runs. It sounds like an epidemic as I have heard that Amy, who is now safely back in KC, is facing a similar plight. I´d say the blame could possibly reside in 14 of the last 15 eating "establishments" we last dined in. And so, today was spent Imodium gobbling and running from locale to locale doing some price listing on equipment that Joe and I will be taking with us into the Amazon. Tents, sleeping bags, a whole pharmacy, and other miscellaneous items still need to be purchased. Unfortunately, cyanide pills were unavailable to buy in case things get bad so I have substituted the book on tape "Earth, 5,000 Years of Miracles" by Mike Huckabee in the hopes that will finish off whats left of me.

Heading to the Lodge tomorrow to help out Tom and Mariela until Joe arrives on Tuesday. Staying there until the pushed up June 29th entry date.

You can´t stop me..you can only hope to contain me,
Bq

PS. Word on the street is that Amy is going to submit a guest blog entry, which, after it is thoroughly punctuated with complimentary comments about myself, will be posted.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Brian,

Email me any advice you have on traveling either in Central America or Caribbean if you have any. Dana and I are thinking of taking a trip. We are looking for more of the beach and sand, than wilderness.