Monday

Snowshoeing/Sushi/& (un)Fortunate Rides


Status update: Back in the same coffe shop as yesterday still trying set up my ride westward. The bad news is due to white-out storms all the main highways are closed (i.e. very bad for me). The positive note is that the time spent here has been a blast. Yesterday college friend Reilly picked me up and she, her boyfriend Dave, and sister Ashley went snowshoeing in the snowy weather, which was a lot of fun. Dave was nice enough to loan me his sweet purple snowsuit for snowshoeing, which I grudgingly returned to him at the end of the day. Later we cracked open a sushi kit xmas present they had received and made some awesome food. I crashed at their pad in Dillion, CO and woke up this morning trying to get myself back to Breckenridge to meet up with some other family members inthe area. The day started on a bad note when I missed the shuttle into town by 2 minutes, which meant I would have to stand in the freezing cold for the next one for an hour. Not having proper mountain gear, I opted for the alternate source of transport and stuck the old thumb out. Lucky for me people in the mountains don't watch too many hitchhiker murder movies because I snagged two rides from two different locations within minutes. The first couple from Fargo, whose name I never got, graciously offered me a pair of winter gloves as I had none with me, which I declined and we figured going gloveless would make me a more suitable ride catcher when they dropped me off in Frisco (b/c of the sympathy factor, which actually did work). Next ride was Mark from Boston, who was sympathetic to my plight and gave me a ride to my Breck destination. Those were the fortunate rides and the unfortunate one is the ride to San Fran that I have not been able to score so far. Alas, I am back in Breck and waiting to meet up with extended family to ring in the new year.

See you in 08!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Brian! I love your blog. I am going to meet you after May. Can you please be in Asia by June, or Iceland? BE CAREFUL! love ya- Ballay

GuateDan said...

hey man, good luck with the trip, should be awesome. maybe i´ll come and meet you later down the line. you´ve always got a place in guate.

Anonymous said...

Hot outfit! you should definitely make room in your backpack for that.
Have fun!