Sunday

Into the Wild Times.....



And so it began, an itinerant dream being fulfilled with its first destination: Colorado. Breckenridge to be exact and the participants in this little wintry excursion were: Jim & Rita Tiehen, Dave T., Laura T., Andy & Jen T., me and my parents Andy and Janey (my first mode of transport on this trip). Also making the scene were cousins Mark and Dr. Luke Schloegel, along with Luke’s girlfriend, Heidi. The setting was the newly purchased Tiehen mountain house, which was an amazing winter hide-out and was probably not representative of my future accommodations on the trip. The 4 day trip was highlighted with good skiing, marathon hottubing, and the usual family revelry. A big thanks to the Tiehens for an awesome weekend! At the time of this writing, the families had begun caravanning back to KC and dropped me off in downtown Breck to fend for myself. My current prospects are that my friend Reilly and her boyfriend Dave, have graciously extended the invite to crash at their pad until my next move is made, which by the way is looking to be either: hitching a ride to CA from a Craigslist rideshare (my preferred choice of transport) or a 36 hour trip on the California Zephyr train. The latter is supposed to be scenic but I can’t imagine keeping my sanity on a day and a half train ride. Cross your fingers that I snag a ride………

No comments: