Thursday

The Business of Livin'

The past 6 months of has been some full living. 10 more countries, handfuls of incredible experiences, soles worn through, soul thoroughly exhausted. So when my fam proposed the idea of taking advantage of our relative proximity to return home for a week, I jumped on it. You see, I had become concerned. My niece Kate had begun to believe that I existed only in the computer as she was only seeing me every now and again through Skype VideoChat. As much as I would periodically like to make Wizard of Oz-like appearances in peoples lives to dispense wordly advice, the idea of being an interactive computer game didn't sit well with me. Time for Brian 3D to make the rounds.



The trip started in St. Louie, where I met up with Beth, the Tiehens, and some friends from college. Also snuck in a quick visit to my friends at my old office. Amazingly, Beth is still talking to me even though I have unsuccessfully tried several times to get her fired from work so she can meet back up for some more travel. During these attempts I did also find out that blackmail is in fact a criminal offense, not just a clever trick.

After a few days Beth and I drove to KC so I could eat some barbeque and see if my family wanted to say hi. Luckily they did, and the ensuing 5 days were filled with good times KC style. I would like to say we drove this motorcycle all the way to KC but that wasn't the case. Here is Beth with Warren from Something About Mary.



For those of you wondering, I am not quite ready to quit my living to dust off the old work suit just yet. But realistically it is coming sooner than later. I got one last hurrah in me, just need to figure out what in the tarnation it is going to be. Considering just disappearing somewhere and sending obscure picture clues for your guesses. I have some time to think though as I have another action packed month in Ireland. Paddys day next week with the Decensos, followed not long later with a sure to be epic road trip with Shane, Mary, and Bridget from Chitown.

While I was gone, Belfast and Northern Ireland managed to get itself back in world headlines. As you probably know, two dissident IRA groups stuck, first killing two British Army soldiers at a barracks followed two days later by a policemen being killed. The legitimate political party, Sinn Fein, run by many ex-IRA, condemmed the attacks along with the rest of the saner population. Haven't been able to get to any of the protests but it is pretty apparent that people from both sides are not going to tolerant a regression towards yesterdays Troubles. I will be your I-Reporter should things heat up more.

Thats all I got.

More when it hits me on the head,

Brian 2.0

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Brian I have been enjoying your blog so much and am happy to be following your progress (pilgrim wise!)This little part of Ireland is missing you already. Yes the shit is hitting the fan troubles wise and a time of anxiety that we had forgotten how to feel is back. On the upside the weather is improving and we hope we will see you and your friends again. Best wishes Karen and family