Friday

Day Twenty

Invasion! Woke up to ants everywhere--all over the floor around our tents, around the food, and on the clothes. Joe the Insect Assassin goes after them with a vengeance while we both wonder how this happened. Conan's absence and therefore lack of housecleaning (yes, even a dirt hut needs cleaning) must have led to the ant infiltration.

Otobo and the Pescadero show up, thankfully without the Repeator. The thatch roof on cabin #1 is getting wrapped up by those two, while Joe and I cut the site for cabin #2. Workday ends in a torrential downpour.
The dishwashing routine is finally breaking me. Today, after spending about 15 minutes scrubbing the pots and dishes in the river I tried to walk back up the muddy embankment, only to slip and re-dirty the dishes. My mental well-being further slackened when the roof leaked onto my ipod, which now appears to no longer work. I feel as if someone just shot my dog. I'm going to wait until after tomorrow's dose of solar power before I start officially grieving.
At night, I try to awaken my almost totally defunct sweet-tooth by attempting to make some skillet cookies. A sugar-rich solution somewhat resembling a batter is concocted and partially cooked, although Joe and I later ditch the cooking part and basically start eating the batter.
I go to bed with a sugar high that could rival a 7 year-olds after discovering the delicious bliss of Fun Dip.

No comments: